Event Planning for Dummies, Regardless of Function Type:
Attention to detail is an absolute necessity when it comes to corporate and private functions. There is a want to get it right, especially if it is a keynote speech or a presentation that needs perfect execution. We could go on to identify a thousand problems, but instead, let us discuss the solutions.
If you happen to be stuck or clueless about perfecting your plan, perhaps you have been asking yourself these questions:
- How do I get the stage and front of the house ready (note: the front of the house is the space were AV controls will be setup)?
- How can I procure the right visual gear?
- How can I achieve audio and visual accuracy?
- When should I start planning my event and what should my checklist contain?
The Nitty Gritty of Event Planning
To plan properly and adequately, you should follow these steps. You should start your core planning few months before the function. There are too many areas to cover.
When it comes to audiovisuals, the earlier – the better. You need to talk about the sound, lighting, and video; so starting late and expecting to make an excellent work out can be challenging.
Update your checklist
To start, you should:
- Speakers and AV cables should be set.
- Sort out the audio essentials by selecting the appropriate soundboard/mixers, and pick your microphones.
- For a large crowd, you can enhance proximity by using projectors at your event. As such, you should get equipment needed to install them.
- Visuals are also equally important, but settle your lighting and sounds before everything else!
For full information on the checklist for the AV of your event, Click here
Clear front of the house as much as possible
You should ensure that your front house is well handled and not crowded. Always assign capable hands to take charge of the lights, the audio, the video etc. Also, you may want to ensure that FOH does not in any way, obstruct your stage.
Get a professional for the audios
Leave the audio for the professionals! You cannot become a DJ or expert audio professional all of a sudden. You need to procure the help of a sound manager for the event. This will ensure everyone can hear the speech or performance on stage.
Stage décor must be lit:
Your stage décor must be lit. Illumination is powerful, and it helps your audience to focus on the presenter. In every presentation, you should ensure that there are adequate lighting for your stage decoration. You can choose to use big lights or go with simple drape lighting; depending on your budget.
How to Plan It Perfectly?
Procure the services of an expert audiovisuals group, relate what you want, get a quote that suits the job and get your full audiovisuals handled. So the ultimate solution is to get expert hands on deck, especially if it is an important function. Feel free to ask someone for Pure AV for a quote whenever you are ready. Click here to get a Quote from us.